Our training facility delivers results. Currently, AMK9 operates the single largest Canine Training Facility in Moyock, NC boasting a 70,000 Sq. Ft warehouse, a 44,000 Sq. Ft dedicated indoor K9 training area/hangar and an adjacent 2,550-foot runway with the capability to land an aircraft with an 80-ft length and 90-ft wingspan for operational training scenarios. The state-of-the-art, 10,920 square foot kennel features:
- 90 run indoor/outdoor climate controlled areas
- 3 individual pod’s with self-contained heating and cooling units per pod
- 60 run indoor climate controlled area
- Fully operational level III vet clinic with full-time veterinarian on staff
- Surgery and recovery rooms
- Kitchen and bathing room
- Rated to withstand a CAT 5 hurricane
We also maintain 50,000 square foot dedicated outdoor K9 training area, and two other indoor/outdoor kennels with 65 runs combined. We average 75 dogs in various stages of training on-site each day.
Globally, AMK9 operates four more facilities.
Two facilities in Mali have accommodations for housing and training canines, an over 1,400-square meter canine center in Iraq, and a 5,500-square foot Canine Training Center in Afghanistan with full-time trainers and support staff. Our Iraq and Afghanistan facilities boast:
- Accommodations and full life support for staff and visitors
- Kennel buildings with indoor/outdoor runs to support mobilization and training
- Vet clinics
- Classrooms/conference rooms
- Lodging for student housing
- Explosive and Narcotic Training Aid storage
- A warehouse and open area designed for indoor/outdoor canine training, including:
- Mock building search area
- Baggage search
- Vehicle search area
- Multiple odor protocoling mediums
- Open area search
We currently operate the only non-military U.S. Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) staffed Level II Veterinary Clinic in Afghanistan and work with two non-military DVMs staffed Level II Veterinary Clinic’s in Iraq along with a mobile Veterinarian Technician – services that we extend to our competitors to ensure canine health and safety.